These words that I write, they keep me from total insanity. -Charles Bukowski

Jul 20, 2008

Recommended Reading List

Alright, so I have been thinking, I have been talking a bit too much about books I've read without giving all you wonderful people a sampling of the things that I like to read. This sampling will probably give you a bit of an idea as to what sort of person I am. I figure that you can tell a lot about a person from the things he/she reads. I am not going to explain any of them to you nor will I tell you why I liked them, you have to read them and figure it out for yourself. These books are in no particular order. Just wrote them down as I thought of them.

  1. Sissy Nation by John Strausbaugh
  2. Murphy's Laws of Combat by Marion F. Sturkey
  3. My War. by Colby Buzzell
  4. Blood Makes the grass grow green. By Johnny Rico
  5. Hard City By Clark Howard
  6. Hey Rube By Hunter S. Thompson
  7. Any book, essay or string of words put together by Kurt Vonnegut
  8. The Moon is a harsh mistress by Robert Heinlein
  9. The Redneck Manifesto by Jim Goad
  10. All 3 books by Robert Greene
  11. I am America (and so can you) by Stephen Colbert
  12. Me of Little Faith, by Lewis Black
  13. All of the "Outlaw Bibles"
  14. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  15. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
  16. On The Road by Jack Kerouac
  17. Junky by William S. Burroughs
  18. I Hope they serve beer in hell by Tucker Max
  19. America's Victories by Larry Schweikart
  20. The 10 things you can't say in America by Larry Elder
  21. The Punishment of Virtue by Sarah Chayes
  22. Our Dumb World, courtesy of the Onion.
This list will be continuously updated as I read more stuff. So like I try to tell everyone, read something, before you get stupid. Now put all that material together and try to figure out just how insanely convoluted my pea sized brain really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 24 Inch Gauge...

 Like I said in my last post, I joined a lodge of Freemasons. Immediately upon starting the process you start to learn things. A lot of diff...