Okay, so the letter to my father thing took quite a bit out of me. I've been sitting around like a slug for a couple of days. So be it.
So I needed to do a few things that were on the list.
First up, make a meal.
This one was bullshit because I can cook. You don't get as big as I am without being able to feed yourself.
I made Chicken Divan (flipping fantastic.)
Here's the mom's recipe...
4 chicken breasts (cooked, boned and diced), 1 10 oz. package of chopped broccoli
Sauce (mix all this shit together)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup of mayo
1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
1/4 cup of sherry.
Topping (mix all this stuff together separately)
1/3 cup of melted butter
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Place broccoli in a 2 qt. casserole. Add meat and pour sauce over. Sprinkle with topping and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Great stuff!!!
Next thing I had to do was create a budget. Well I've been living on one since I got back. Wouldn't want to bore you with the details. Needless to say I spend less than I take in and this is a good thing. So done and done.
Another one I had to do was talk to three strangers in one day. This one is a bit difficult, given that I work the 2-10pm shift. So I'll get back to you on this one after my weekend.
Next up...find your N.U.T.S.
N.U.T.S. are Non-negotiable unalterable terms.
Now I will tell you that I thought about these for quite a while. I didn't arrive at these lightly.
1. My loyalty to my family trumps any and all else. I refuse to do anything at all that will hurt my family in any way, shape or form.
2. I have made a conscious decision to defend this country. I will continue to do so until my body won't let me anymore. I will do my duty until there is nothing left of me.
3. There's entirely too much laziness in this world today. I will not succumb to this. I will work hard at my job, my self and my life every fucking day.
4. My own integrity is second only to my family. I will do what's right regardless of who sees it. Wherever I go, there I am. Make sure you can live with yourself.
5. The welfare of others. My family, friends, fellow service members and this nation comes before my own welfare.
6. Personally speaking, nothing means more to me than my education. I will do something everyday to increase my knowledge. I'll study, I'll get back into school, I'll read something that isn't trash. Every fucking day! Something, everyday!
Holy O' shit Batman, that's a tall order. Now let's see if I can pull it off.
Faltering is inevitable.
Which really sucks. But what are you gonna do? Now I don't have much else to say about this. Made it all the way to Day 18.
What I want to hear is what your N.U.T.S. are...
Let's hear it.
I love you Mom...