These words that I write, they keep me from total insanity. -Charles Bukowski

Aug 18, 2008

Who The Hell Would Actually Want To Write A Book...Oh And A Little Something Funny

First let me start off with something funny just to brighten up my, and everyone else's day...



Now let's get onto something a bit more serious, but not really. Not to mention the fact that this topic will seem somewhat random if not completely ludicrous.

I got an email today from someone, doesn't matter who. No one I even know, criticizing my blog as a dumb ass attempt to angle my way into some sort of book deal when I come home. Which is exactly why I threw that title out there in my last post. So for that person's benefit I will throw this one out there. I have no interest in writing a book. Some have suggested it might not be a bad idea, but truth be told, what could I say that hasn't been said already?

I mean, the whole disgruntled soldier fighting a war he doesn't believe in motif has really been beaten to death. Did I get the inspiration to write this blog from guys that had written books, of course. Colby Buzzell, Jason Harley and a few others have shown just what a few words on some goofy internet site can do. Do I have any illusions about being on a par with those guys, not even a little bit. Anyways who, besides my friends and family and this one asshole are going to read this thing?

So to that guy out there who thinks I want to get a book deal, I tell you this, I guess my writing is a little bit better than I thought for you to give me that much credit. However, if you need more proof that it is a crapshoot as to getting a book published...read THIS

So now I digress from that. I am writing this for the benefit of myself and my family and friends. This way I only have to write once as opposed to a bunch of times to everyone. Don't worry Mom, I'll always write to you special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 24 Inch Gauge...

 Like I said in my last post, I joined a lodge of Freemasons. Immediately upon starting the process you start to learn things. A lot of diff...