These words that I write, they keep me from total insanity. -Charles Bukowski

Jul 20, 2008

Fragile, Handle with care, Do Not Drop

So I thought I might share with you a random thought that I had a little while back. I told you about how we were issued a whole bunch of shit at the armory prior to leaving out for Fort Chaffee and the wonderful 3 weeks we spent there. So one of the things we were issued was IBA's and SAPI plates.

IBA= Interceptor Ballistic Armor
SAPI= Small Arms Protective Insert

Basically, by itself the IBA is just a funky look vest that has some hooks on it so we can carry more crap. When you put the SAPI plates into it then and only then does it become a second rate bullet proof vest. (Dragon skin is much better but the Army won't buy it for us)

WATCH THIS VIDEO TO SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.



But I digress on that one.

Now here's the funny part. The SAPI plates and IBA vests were all new. So they gave us the IBA's and then they gave us a box containing the SAPI plates. The box containing the plates whose soul purpose is to stop bullets and shrapnel and to serve us in battle had a very cryptic sentence scrawled on it... "Fragile, Handle with care, Do Not Drop"


...HOLY SHIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 24 Inch Gauge...

 Like I said in my last post, I joined a lodge of Freemasons. Immediately upon starting the process you start to learn things. A lot of diff...