These words that I write, they keep me from total insanity. -Charles Bukowski

Feb 10, 2012

You Like Me, You Really Like Me...

A couple people threw my name out there for a Liebster Award.

At first I didn't know what the hell it was and to be perfectly honest I kinda thought it might be some spam nonsense.

But appealing to may vanity, as any award does I couldn't help but look into it.

I got two so far, one from Christina Fawn and one from Paxford. You can click their names to see their blogs, plus they're now on my blogroll. Check them out.


1. Copy and paste the award to your blog. You can either yank it from just above this sentence or you can get it from the side panel of my blog. Or you can get it here. Whatever you want to do.

The rules of the blog-fest are as follows:
1. Copy and paste the award on our blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave us the award.
3. Pick our five favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs.

So with no further adieu. Here are my top 5.

1. Airman Mom - how can a year in the suck get any better than to pick up an extra mom along the way. I will never be able to tell her how meaningful everything she did for me was, nor will I ever be able to express how much fun I had with her at US Cellular Field.

2. Coffeypot - a funny and grumpy old fart who never fails to get me laughing. Don't care that you exceed the number of followers.

3. Bag Blog - A great lady, and blogger who's been commenting a encouraging my bullshit for quite some time now.

4. Joe at Fobbits Need Ice Cream Too - Gotta love a loud and proud Fobbit.

5. CI-Roller Dude - Great old guy, a throwback who managed to stay in long enough to see Iraq.


That's it. All these bloggers have been with me since the start and I know at least two of them have read every word I ever wrote. And for that I am grateful. Wouldn't mean a whole lot if no one ever read it.

So the way I see it this award is better than most because we are chosen by those who read us. And its personal, no voting, no test to take. Just one blogger to another, and I like that.

Anyway, time to go let them know.

I love you Mom...



2 comments:

  1. "A throw back?" Thanks.... I wrote the book(s).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you. Getting this from you is something...I am always shocked when a gifted writer and blogger recognizes my shit...which is rarely original. And the old farts are coming more now that I am on the senior side of seniordome.

    ReplyDelete

The 24 Inch Gauge...

 Like I said in my last post, I joined a lodge of Freemasons. Immediately upon starting the process you start to learn things. A lot of diff...