These words that I write, they keep me from total insanity. -Charles Bukowski

Feb 20, 2012

Allow Me to Retort...

About a week ago I was asked for my opinion on this article. 


So here goes...

A little preface, apparently everyone is up in arms and shitting themselves over a video of Marines supposedly pissing on the corpses of Afghans. 

First things first I ask you, who were they pissing on? Taliban, al Qaeda, insurgents, or whatever we're calling the guys that keep shooting at and blowing us up. Because if they were confirmed then I say this, whichever one of these assbags let this video out needs to be castrated so that he cannot defile the earth with his moronic seed. So far as I can gather, this video was uploaded to youtube and then took off from there. 

Now if you're dumb enough to do something that you KNOW will get you fried and you not only videotape it but you allow the videotape to get uploaded to youtube and shared with the google using world, then  you really do deserve whatever happens to you. Because you are too stupid to live.

But that's not what I was asked. I was asked for an opinion on this Rob Delaney cat. Kinda went through it and picked out the main ideas...and we'll knock them down one at a time.

1. Soldiers piss on corpses in every war.

Most likely true. Can't say for sure because I haven't been in every war. All things considered in the grand scheme of things pissing on a dead guy, while reprehensible, isn't that big of a deal. I mean does anyone think that the dead guy gave a shit? The problem in this case is that these dipshits let this one get out and be seen by people who can make your life difficult.

2. Soldiers rape civilians, as a rule. Rape is a weapon of war.

Disagree. Soldiers do not rape anyone. Degenerate, disgusting, animals rape civilians. They might be dressed up as soldiers but there's an existential divide between a soldier and anyone who would rape another person. 

3. War is the very worst thing there is.

Nope. Wrong again. John Stuart Mill is about to make you his bitch Rob...

“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

Now regardless of all this noise there's a few things that people are not going to hear or think about because this thing is already way out of control for any kind of sensible justice to come out of it. These Marines are going to cook for this one. How badly? I suppose that's a question of how long this story keeps its steam. (Which I am obviously not helping.)

This happened for a reason. These Marines hated these men enough to piss on their dead bodies. Now that kind of hate doesn't just materialize out of thin air. It came from somewhere, a firefight, an IED, a wounded or killed Marine, something.

Its not like these Marines will be able to plead innocent to this one. Sorry bub, there you are with 8 million youtube hits. So tell me why you did it. Tell me what pissed you off so badly that you were willing to go against everything that the US military stands for. And maybe, once you tell me, maybe I can have some mercy or pity for you.

I really hope you've got a good reason for this. You're gonna get fried for this fellas, your careers are over, you might even do a little time, you gave Mr. Taliban Man a little extra ammo, you're reputations are shot, but you can give us something. Give me a reason. I'm a fellow warrior. It'll make sense to me. You tell me that you pissed on them because you thought they were the ones that set the IED. Then I get it.

And if you give me that, regardless of what happens to you, at least I'll be able to enjoy that video again!

Later,

I love you Mom...








No comments:

Post a Comment

The 24 Inch Gauge...

 Like I said in my last post, I joined a lodge of Freemasons. Immediately upon starting the process you start to learn things. A lot of diff...