These words that I write, they keep me from total insanity. -Charles Bukowski

Jul 2, 2019

Last Day O' Work, Yeah Right...

So it was my last day at the prison here in Michigan. Which was nice. I mean I never really liked the place all that much. Don't get me wrong, a low security prison is nice. Except for a camp its about as close to a regular job as you're going to get in my line of work.

But its a funny thing in prison. The less time you spend fighting with the inmates, the more time you spend fighting with the staff. And vice versa. I'm sure you can all understand that concept.

But it is humorous as you walk through this life how it seems like people can equate your leaving with kind of a form of death. I mean, I'm moving on to the next institution I'm not dying. But you get all the nonsense about being missed and all that, which is fine. I guess its better than a 'good riddance, fucko, we're happy to see you go'

Last day of work, my ass. I'm right back to it in a few weeks. Most likely will be till I die. Given the fact that my dumb ass went ahead and waited till I was 36 to have my kids.

But not to worry, life is good. I'm getting all the crap wrapped up here at this house, we managed to make almost 50k on the sale, plus my company gives me a 5% bonus for selling to a private party and not making them buy it from me. So all told I'm getting almost $60,000 out of this deal.

Now, on to PA. This next adventure will be a great one.

2 comments:

  1. good luck. looks like you have the start of a good college fund!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except it'll all pay off debt, and don't forget half goes to momma bear. College will be the perfect time for my kids to learn self reliance...LOL

    ReplyDelete

The 24 Inch Gauge...

 Like I said in my last post, I joined a lodge of Freemasons. Immediately upon starting the process you start to learn things. A lot of diff...