These words that I write, they keep me from total insanity. -Charles Bukowski

Jul 21, 2019

Welcome To Pennsylvania...

Okay, so I'm here. I'm chilling in an Airbnb in Scranton, and I've been here long enough now that I'm praying for work. I know that sounds a little off my rocker, but there's only so much sitting a guy can do. And since my kids aren't here, there's nothing but time. You never realize just how much of your life those little turds dominate until all of a sudden you don't have them around anymore.

I start work Monday. a single question has come to dominate my mind. I plan on spending approximately 18 months to 2 years here without my family. I plan on going home regularly. Which will most likely be incredibly expensive but it is what it is.

Now the question I have is simply this, how am I going to be able to navigate these waters away from my family for the lovely reasons I have proffered in the past and manage to come out the other end without being bitter and resentful? I'm not sure I can. I hope that I can. But I'll be damned if I know how the hell I'm going to do it.

Which does nothing for me but lead to more questions. What if I like it without them around? What if they like it without me around? What if I can't deal with what she's doing? What happens if she can't deal with what I'm doing? What if she finds someone better? What If I find someone better?

Or were these questions the plan all along...

Fucked if I know. I'm doing my best right now to just get everything set up so I can have a life here. So far so good. Got an apartment. Got the utilities turned on. Got a storage unit for all the family shit that I have to deal with when my household goods are delivered. Move in to my new place August 1, 2019. Start work tomorrow.

So life keeps trucking along. That's a given. No matter what you do time just keeps on ticking ticking...into the future. Thank you Steve Miller. So I just got to put my head down and do the work. Get into shape. Get my mind right. Get my education right. Get my finances right. Do everything I need to do for me so that when the time comes the decision that she makes is of little consequence. I'm going to have everything working at 100%, firing on all gears. There's nothing else worth doing than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 24 Inch Gauge...

 Like I said in my last post, I joined a lodge of Freemasons. Immediately upon starting the process you start to learn things. A lot of diff...