These words that I write, they keep me from total insanity. -Charles Bukowski

Jun 26, 2019

This May Just Be Sticking...

So for a few years there I was writing on the regular and it was doing wonders for my mental health. Then I stopped and if my present status is any indication, I really should have kept writing. I don't know why, nor do I really care why, writing is so cathartic. But it is, so I'm grateful. If one of you lovely people out there reads some of my bullshit once or twice then alls the better.

Now, I'm getting ready for my last day of work on Friday. Okay, not my last day of work, but my last day working here in Michigan. Next up, Pennsylvania. So my career has now taken me from Illinois to Michigan to Pennsylvania. I'm really curious what's next after that, but the next step is most likely 12-24 months into the future, depending on how ambitious I end up being. Which I think could be quite a bit. Ambitiousness that is.

I've written a few days in a row now and I'm feeling pretty good about it. Plus the words are starting to flow a little easier. At one point I was thinking why write if I don't have anything to say? I think its become write and you may find that you do have something to say. I'm sure I could've phrased that so it sounded much more profound, but one thing at a time. This is stream of consciousness here not a final draft of the state of the union.

The next project I've got on my radar is a podcast. Its not that I want a million listeners or for it to be anything in particular. I really just want to do it. I want to remind myself that I can set a goal and accomplish it. I haven't knocked out that fucking master's degree yet....but that's a story for another time.

Given that my lovely wife is blessing me with 12-24 months sans midgets (kids) I think this is about the best time I could hope to get to do a few things for myself. Podcast and master's degree. That would make for a really fucking good year. Then if I could drop a few lbs and save a few bucks all would be right in the world.

2 comments:

  1. writing for me seems to help empty my head and gives room for other thoughts, ideas, perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These words I write, they keep me from total insanity...Charles Bukowski (also quoted in the big picture at the top of the page)

    ReplyDelete

The 24 Inch Gauge...

 Like I said in my last post, I joined a lodge of Freemasons. Immediately upon starting the process you start to learn things. A lot of diff...